Saturday, May 03, 2008

Beyond FANTASTIC: Lisa Alvarado: “From the Tips of My Fingers to the Tips of My Toes”

Poet and author Lisa Alvarado writes often for La Bloga. I’m so pleased to have stumbled across her amazing May 1 essay, “From the Tips of My Fingers to the Tips of My Toes.” Consider her opening:

“This is about my hands and feet. Actually it’s about work and its remnants, about being working-class, Chicana, about going where you don’t belong, or where you think you don’t belong, or no matter where you go there is always some part of you on the outside, watching, seeing what gets played out, wondering how you fit in, what you need to do.”

Read on to the end, which is just as powerful as the beginning. Then again, every line of Lisa Alvarado’s writing packs a punch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patry Francis said...

Wow! Thanks so much for directing me to such a beautiful piece of writing. xxx

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

You're so welcome, Patry! And thank you so much for stopping by. You made my day! :)

BTW I got to stop over and see Lisa Kenney this afternoon for a little bit. I'll always be grateful to you for "introducing" me to Lisa via your blog! :)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home