Monday, November 26, 2007

Beyond FICTION: Lisa See’s Long-Distance PEONY Signing

Author Lisa See recently sent out an e-mail to fans with a unique offer for those who’d like to purchase signed copies of her new novel, Peony in Love:

“Several people have written to me recently wondering how they could get signed or inscribed copies of Peony in Love to give as holiday gifts. I have made an arrangement with Dutton’s Bookstore, a fabulous independent bookstore right near my house, to make this happen.

“You can send an e-mail to Ed at Duttons@earthlink to place your order. Let him know if you’d like a signature only or a personalized inscription. If you’re nervous about sending your credit card over the Internet, call Dutton’s toll free at 888-Duttons. I’ll pop down to the store, sign your gifts, and the store will mail them to you.”

Lisa adds in her note that she has “a lot to be thankful for this year. THANK YOU for all of your kindness, your beautiful notes, and your wonderful and enthusiastic support for Peony in Love.”
I’m thankful for thoughtful authors and independent booksellers who’d take the time and effort to make this sort of promotion happen. What an easy way to make fans happy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

This is so on my list of books to read - but when am I going to find time?!! This is my huge dilemma. All these great books, so much work to do, so little time to read!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Right there with you, Ello! I'm ready to sign up for a speed reading course, but who's got the time for that?! :)

p.s. have I mentioned how much I love the pig?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

That is a tremendous offer. I'm just reading this book now as a matter of fact!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

OOh, Sherry, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it! K.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I will definitely come back and let you know what I think of the book K!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Thanks, Sherry!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home