Thursday, November 15, 2007

Beyond FACTS: IN SEARCH OF HOPE by Mariane Pearl

Last year, Mariane Pearl traveled more than 100,000 miles to profile 12 women activists who are changing the world. Her interviews of these women were published in Glamour magazine and now have been collected in the book In Search of Hope: The Global Diaries of Mariane Pearl. Britt Bravo over at Have Fun * Do Good describes this wonderful work and the good just buying a copy can do. Since my last post pretty much wiped me out (lol!), I’m going to let Britt do the talking on this one. As usual, her writing is accessible, inspiring, and incredibly motivating.

P.S. In addition to the organizations highlighted in Britt’s current post, check out the groups she highlighted in this post for inspiration regarding more unique holiday gift-giving ideas that make a difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

Great! I am going to have to go back into your posts and write down book ideas for myself.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Marla, I hope to put together a (long) list of titles from various sites, including blogs that listed favorite titles on that recent meme. If and when that list is ever done, I'll be happy to send you a copy. I was just in Tattered Cover book store this morning (and will be back again tonight at the downtown Denver location for John Robison's signing) and realized I could die happy there, easily. :)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home