Beyond FACTS: Scout Trivia
1) I’m the seventh of eleven kids (always a fun ice breaker).
2) I’ve got six brothers and four sisters (usually the question that follows...one brother’s missing from the photo).
3) My husband and I met while resident advisors at Syracuse University.
4) We’ve lived in Hartford (CT), Nashville, Dallas, and Denver.
5) My three children were born in three different states (and my youngest loves that she’s a native Texan).
6) My daughters look nothing like me. The most common question I get about my youngest is “Where did she get that (dark/curly/beautiful) HAIR?!” Obviously not from me!
7) My son looks like me but excels at break dancing and hip hop. Again, he did NOT get that from me.
8) So far I’ve written two novels, more than 80 poems, eight or nine short stories, and various essays, articles, and other fun pieces as a free-lance writer. I worked full-time in corporate communications in a past life that ended about 15 years ago upon the arrival of a certain break-dancing child. (He wasn’t exactly break-dancing back then, but he may as well have been!) Finally (I think I’m up to a full dozen by now), I love to copy-edit. Call me crazy and I won’t argue.
I also noticed that Matt tagged one of my favorite bloggers, Britt Bravo over at Have Fun * Do Good for the meme regarding favorite books. Go here for a unique list of titles to consider for your TBR list. Thanks, Matt!