Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beyond FUN: Top Ten Clues T-Shirt for Writers

Yes, I should be doing something productive, but this t-shirt is too much fun not to share with others who may suffer from writerly tendencies:
Top ten clues you may be a writer:
1. You would rather talk to the voices in your head than the person sitting by you.
2. You know the library’s phone number, but not your work number.
3. Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off.
4. You have a favorite pen that no one else can touch.
5. Books are your favorite scent.
6. If you could meet anyone in the world, it would be your favorite author.
7. You eat macaroni and cheese for a week because you spent all your money at the bookstore.
8. Your/you’re errors drive you crazy.
9. You named your laptop.
10. You would rather write than go out.
OK, #10 is lacking in my book since going out is the best way to gather fresh fodder for writing projects...especialy if the folks you’re out with are heavy drinkers. :) So I’m challenging writers to come up with a better 10th clue that you may be (oh, give it up! you’re definitely) a dyed-in-the-wool writer and there’s not a lot of hope you’ll ever grow out of it. My suggestion:
10. You can’t help but blog about a funny t-shirt for writers.
While this shirt’s available via Amazon, I’d much rather put in a word for Deb Ng of Freelance Writing Jobs, a terrific resource for folks who not only find writing enjoyable, but actually make a living at it. Thanks, Deb!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm fairly anti-social, because #10 is exactly me. ;-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Shauna Roberts said...

I may get this shirt as part of my Christmas present for my critique group mates. Thanks for writing about it.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Not anti-social, Kristen, you're just busy!

You're welcome, Shauna! I'm sure they'll love that.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ronald L. Smith said...

Another is that when you read novels you sometimes self-edit in your head thinking that the sentence, paragraph, whatever, could have been better constructed.

(Some writer will probably do that to this post.)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Yes and this tendency (to edit everything, including novels) drives familiy members bonkers. :) Nice to "meet" ya, Ron! K.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home