Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beyond 'FAX: SAME Café Delivers

The goods, that is. Whether you’ve never driven down East Colfax in Denver or driven through the neighborhood a million times, make it a point to visit SAME Café next time you have a few minutes for lunch. That’s all it takes to enjoy the relaxing ambience and delicious food served up by Brad and Libby Birky...and pitch in a little extra to help local folks when you pay for your own delicious (and organic) cup of soup, slice of pizza, or salad. Somehow I missed the lemon cookies, but local poet extraordinaire Joy Roulier Sawyer says they’re fantastic. Yet another reason for me to return soon!

A few other photos from last week’s visit:


Lisa and Carleen waiting for me to hurry up and take the photo already...and allowing a peek at the serving side of the restaurant...SAME Café features outdoor seating (which we thoroughly enjoyed) and a larger-than-expected, open and peaceful indoor dining area.


The hat next door. I couldn’t resist after seeing so many store window shots on Tara’s blog. Denver and Paris...close enough, right?


Here’s Larry! Larry, another Colfax merchant, saw me taking photos and posed for a cameo.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've never actually been in Denver. The airport, sure. Passing through by car also.

Maybe someday.

Sounds like these folks are good people.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw an article on the problems multi-racial people have getting bone marrow matches. Have you seen it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090527/ap_on_he_me/mixed_race_donors;_ylt=AnF_C3S_p39.z3q1QMum82as0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkcmljNDVrBHBvcwMxNTMEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9oZWFsdGgEc2xrA21peGVkLXJhY2VwYQ--

6:20 AM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Hi Gerry! Yes, very good people!

Have heard of the bone marrow issue; will have to check out that article. Thanks! K.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Organic soup, lemon cookies--and you three for lunch? Color me envious.

Patry (google didn't like me today.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Some day we'll all get together for lunch, Patry! K.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Ferocious Kitty said...

Hi, Karen! Is SAME Cafe in/near downtown? My fiance and I will be in Denver in July. Maybe we can meet you there????

~Deesha

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Deesha! How nice to hear from you! Yep, SAME Cafe is on East Colfax, not far from downtown at all. Touch base with your travel dates (karen.carter1 AT comcast.net); I'd love to meet you guys for lunch! K.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home