Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beyond FUN: Carleen Brice Book Club Visit

Denver novelist Carleen Brice, author of Orange Mint & Honey (and editor of Age Ain’t Nothin’ but a Number), visited with my neighborhood book club last night at a nifty restaurant in the south suburbs. The evening flew by thanks to the terrific company, service, food, and maybe one or two glasses of wine (woohoo!). The event was attended by ten of my book-lovin’ neighbors, two of their moms, my old buddy Donna, and Lisa of Eudamonia fame. Thanks to everyone who attended and thanks again to Carleen for making our special summer edition book club meeting so memorable!

Prior to dinner, Lisa, Carleen, and I celebrated the long-awaited release of Amy Mackinnon’s Tethered by posing for a photo at a new (I love those purple walls) Borders. Amy’s launch party was probably in full swing back in MA when we took this photo; from today’s report at The Writers’ Group blog, that event was a ton of fun, too. Congratulations, Amy!

13 Comments:

Blogger debra said...

I wish I lived close enough to join you, Karen. NE Ohio is too far a hike!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Larramie said...

Perhaps Debra and I can come out together when Lisa's debut novel is launched/read/celebrated!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Sounds like a plan, Larramie and Debra! I'll be sure to let Lisa know. :)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time, Karen. So many good books!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

You know it, Kristen! Can't wait to celebrate yours! :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Carleen Brice said...

I had soooo much fun, Karen! I can't thank you enough. And the lavender vanilla is YUMMMMM!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Great to hear, Carleen!! I was so happy when I found that little basket. I thought you could use some tlc. :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

What a fun evening! More interesting books to read...will I ever get to the bottom of the pile? Let's hope not! :) xo

8:24 AM  
Blogger Amy MacKinnon said...

What a gift to have this online community of friends. Thank you!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

Wow. How very cool!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

I know what you mean, Tara! If only we didn't need to sleep, right?

Amy, you're very welcome. TETHERED is on my list of upcoming reads. Can't wait!

Hi Barrie! The evening was very cool, and very fun! Carleen is a gem. K.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

You all look beautiful, and of course, so does Tethered. Makes me wish I lived in Denver.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sustenance Scout said...

Hearing from you just made my day, Patry. Hope you're enjoying a peaceful late summer there on the Cape. Denver's great, but I'm pretty sure you'd miss your walks on the beach. :) xo, K.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home